Friday, May 12, 2017

Natters - May 12 / Life...

Well holy frig, life sure does get in the way sometimes.  I haven't Nattered since, what, Easter?  I haven't watched my dear Ludwig movie in weeks now!
  I'll try to do a quickie update, and then try to get back on some sort of more regular posting schedule.  No guarantees though!

First of all, we've had major drama here with Casey's living situation.  His immature drama queen roommate decided she and Casey are just friends after dating for about five minutes and flung herself at a brand new guy at work, and the fireworks began.  To all of us on the outside it seems simple.  Her name is not on the lease so boot her out.  But nooooo, this is Casey's first love, first relationship, and he's having a hard time dealing with the backstabbing rejection.  Add to it that she is, like I said, immature and full of drama and makes things more complicated with her stupid decisions.  It finally came to a head a couple days ago and she is apparently moving out.  We're all doing this super happy dance.  Well, Casey wasn't happy but I think he's coming around now.  Today is the first 'good' day I've seen from him in weeks.  It's just a matter of her getting her butt in gear and getting her crap out of the apartment now.  Of course she's dragging that on in her poor little helpless girl way.  Ugh!

Casey is talking about finishing his one year lease at the apartment and then moving back home.  We're telling him to just chill and wait till things settle down, because he might find he actually loves living there once he's not drowning in drama.  I swear, it's been non-stop stress since they got that dang place.  It's been stressful for us too, seeing him struggle with all this.  He's been going to Ty's to hang out and get brotherly advice.  He's been coming here on days I'm not working.  He vents and rants and then sleeps all day because he's not sleeping when he's at his own place.  Even when I'm at work we're texting, talking through bad spots, keeping him from being stupid.  And then of course everyone at work knows everything that's going on because all the players and their families work there.  UGH!!

But today seems to be a turning point.  Fingers crossed things smooth out now!

Ty had a bit of his own drama the other day.  A crazy gunman was at our local Walmart.  The store went into lockdown, no one allowed to leave . . . and Ty was there at the time!  The cops were outside with guns drawn.  The SWAT team was even brought in!  I never did find out just what happened but I know the guy was taken into custody and no one was hurt.  Ty had sent me a couple texts during the time it was happening, telling me not to worry, that he was fine.  I was at work and actually didn't see the texts until after it was all done, which is probably a good thing!  I probably would have been a freaking out crying mess otherwise!  lol

I did my weekly Tend Mom visit yesterday.  I took her to her eye doctor appointment, then we stopped and picked up a few groceries after, and stopped at McDonalds for a quick lunch.  Sometimes that salty, greasy, unhealthy food is the most wonderful thing ever and yesterday it was just what I needed.  We've had stress over there too, you see.  Remember my troubled brother?  He'd spent the winter living in my other brother's garage because at least he had heat there was wasn't trying to survive in his truck.  May 1 was his deadline, and he knew well in advance that he'd have to be moving on then.  Did he do anything all winter to try and help his situation?  No.  Back in February or March (or whenever) he had emergency hernia surgery, and then on April 24 he had a second procedure related to that done.  My mom caved and invited him to come and stay with her while he recovered, so on May 1 he moved his few things over to her place.  This was not a major surgery.  He was home only a handful of hours after it was done.  She was nice enough to let him camp out on her couch though, and he started taking advantage of it.  She'd told him it was for one week, but he didn't leave.  She said he was grunting and groaning and carrying on like he was dying, probably hoping she wouldn't make him go, but on May 10 she'd had enough and told him he had to go.  Of course he was mad.  She told me yesterday that he seemed quite miraculously healed once he was back out in his truck again.  *sigh*

I've had work drama starting up again too.  Geez, life was so good and happy for a short little bit of time not too long ago!  What happened?!  I don't know if the work things are only seeming to be bigger things than they are because of all my other stress?  I'm hoping so, because as the stress settles maybe the work stuff will too then.  We did have some good news at work though.  They've been forced to drop their mandatory overtime policy.  Everyone needs to thank Starbucks for that and go fully support their shops!  I probably shouldn't go into details but let's all just say "YAY!!!!!"  Another bit of 'good' news is that the customer who my particular lines produce for are signing a new three year contract.  This is just a year after them announcing they would be leaving us within 18 months and that we'd be going back to normal 8-hour shifts.  This three year deal means we'll be staying on 12-hour shifts for three more years.  That might not sound like good news to some but to me it is.  I'm so used to it after all these years that I don't know what I'd do without my days off.  I don't know how I'd work in time to go take care of my mom.  So yeah, for now I am happy about it all.

Today has been the first somewhat good and normal day I've had in a long time.  I've been keeping busy on lots of little things that have been needing to get done around here.  Like this picture above.  I got some flower seeds started today, finally!  I used to never want to bother with annuals, instead preferring the plant-them-and-forget-about-them ease of perennials like tulips.  I don't know why but this year I felt like I wanted to try some of those cheap throw away buggers.  I'll try to keep you updated, if anything grows.
Minion watched me puttering around out there on the porch.  He's been quite happy that the weather is finally warm enough to have the windows open.

I managed to make these two Mother's Day cards today too!  Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?  I have a crafty haul post coming someday soon, hopefully.

I've been playing a lot of Wizard101 during this time.  It's been my mindless distraction whenever I get a chance.  I still log onto to UO to tend plants each morning but I haven't really played that game beyond that.  This one is much easier for me to just hop on and go do something.  In this pic, the dude on the large white bunny is Casey's character.  This was before his most recent events started happening.  He hasn't really played since.

I've been reading each night, have even bought three new books over the past couple weeks.  I'm still picking up Scentsationals/BHG wax whenever I'm at Walmart, and have enough for another little haul post, which I'll hopefully get done today yet.  I've been watching a bit of TV, stuff that's recorded because I'm not on the ball enough to watch things while they're actually on.  LOL  Lucifer has returned, and I'm really getting into White Princess, and then there is Superstore, which is just dumb fun because it's so much like my own workplace.  White Princess is surprising me!  I didn't think I'd like it as much as White Queen, but now I think I like it more.

Speaking of watching things, I'm going to be cancelling our Netflix again.  It's the same reasons as before.  I'm just not patient enough anymore to sit and watch a lot of things.  There are always a million other things I feel like I could or should be doing.  If I do get a day where I'm feeling lazy enough to sit and watch, there are so many things we already have here that I'd still love to see.  Like The Hobbit!  Can you believe I *still* have not seen ANY of The Hobbit?  Or that I *still* have not seen the final movie of the Twilight series?!  Hubby rarely adds anything to the Netflix queue, so I'm just going to cancel.  He can go back to catching new releases on pay-per-view, which I know he really enjoys anyway, and I can hopefully start working my way through things we already have here.

Hmm, well that wasn't really a brief update, was it?  Did you really expect it to be?  It's felt pretty good to be back to blogging!

So what have YOU been up to recently?  Any drama in your life?  Any fun new hobbies?
Are you watching White Princess???

DID YOU MISS ME?!




8 comments:

  1. YESSS MISSSSS YOU!!!! I didn't get a chance to start Tudors, but I am reading the book you loaned me so that is good. Liking it a lot. Glad you mom is doing well and that she put her foot down about your brother. That can be hard to do sometimes. Hoping the Jezebel gets out of the apartment by the end of the weekend. Too bad Casey and Ty don't room together for a bit if the apartment has too many bad memories for Casey. And how freaking scary for TY! I cannot imagine being stuck in a Walmart with a crazy armed person (though there were plenty of guns brought to the school I used to work at and goodness knows in FL there are more than enough folks with concealed guns walking around and are crazy). No drama at the moment, which is wonderful. New hobbies? Buying the girls squishy toys and watching them make slime and putty by the bucket load. I do have some projects I would like to get finished. But not much going on over here. Pretty tame. Waiting for summer break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey is one of the biggest reasons Ty moved out. Casey can be a very annoying person. So no, Ty would never live with him again. LOL We have joked about it, "Why don't you move in together, both save money?" "Hell no!"

      Pretty tame is often a pretty good way to be. Here's hoping my days get back to tame SOON!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Holy crap! Casey's first love!? Ty and the mad gunman?!?!!!!!! I'm going bonkers over here! Dale wouldn't leave and miraculously recovered? ---> lol

    You should probably expect an actual phone call from me this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you miss all the fun stuff. =P

      "Phone call..." I don't understand those words.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. So glad both of your sons are ok after their crazy drama situations! I hope things continue to improve for Casey and that he ends up enjoying living alone. I am also enjoying The White Princess too! The acting is quite good.

    I also wanted to say thank you so much! I received your card yesterday and it made my day. I'm sure I'll be using the gift to buy a yummy treat soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like White Princess because that particular story is one I don't know much about. Henry VII seems to be overlooked in popular history.

      You're welcome! =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Late catching up but holy cow, Deb!!! It never rains but it pours, right? Glad you are all safe and healthy. Poor Casey! What a relief the drama magnet is out of his life for now!

    Love the bunny mount and your fairy pet named "Prince Rocco" LOL! The random name generator can come up with some doozies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does pour, doesn't it!? My blog is aptly named. LOL

      The drama is not gone for him yet but it's getting there, and he's starting to get over it.

      I was giving Casey crap about that bunny mount. I browsed the mount options and decided I want the something-or-other nightmare. Black horse with fire wingtips or something like that. Or I could be more realistic and get the simple chestnut pony. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete