Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Loot Crate - Wizarding World Box / May 2017

As soon as this fourth Wizarding World subscription box from Loot Crate arrived I noticed something different.  That little sticker label on the flap was not the usual lock-type image.  This is a spookier, creepier image that immediately made me wonder what the theme of this box was!

The design inside the box only deepened that curiosity.  How creepy are those faces??  Well, turns out the theme for this box is Dark Arts.  Heh, I guess that explains it.

First up is this cool shirt of Percival Graves from the Fantastic Beasts movie.  Pretty cool, since he was one of the things I actually liked about the movie.

Look at this fun Azkaban pouch!  It's a little bigger than a typical pencil case.  This could be used for many things.  Maybe makeup brushes or makeup items if that's you're thing.  Maybe I could cram my 100-pack of Crayola colored pencils in here?!  I'm not sure if it would hold that many.  But anyway, it's a decent size that could be used for many things.

I'm not really into pins but this is a really cool one.  As the card says, it's Tom Riddle's Diary.  The pin has a hole in that golden center blob, and that is a basilisk tooth on the attached chain.  Yep, the tooth can be poked into that hole, just like Harry destroying the horcrux.

The card maker in me was super excited to see this set!  There are six plain black cards and envelopes.  The cards have an embossed image of seven serpents, something related to the Chamber of Secrets but offhand I can't remember exactly what.  (Bad fan, I know.)  It gets even neater though, because there is also a red wax stick and a stamp of that same image, so you can do old time wax seals!  I used to have a cute little wax seal set and it's harder than it seems.  I never was able to get it done correctly.  Oh, the wax stick and stamp come in a nice black velvet pouch.

With all the dark and creepy things in the box, I totally cracked up at this.  I knew immediately was it referring to but I was still laughing in a 'What the frick?!' kind of way, more like a 'These actually exist?!'  Yes, we have four lovely, pink, flowery, girlie, kitty plates to represent evil Professor Umbridge.  LOL!  Should I hang these dorky things in my craft room???

This was a fun box.  I'm glad I didn't know anything about it beforehand, completely spoiler-free.  I think I have two more boxes and then my one year subscription will be done.  Can't wait to see what's still to come!





6 comments:

  1. Those kitty plates are outstanding. I hate Dolores Umbridge so much, I can hardly stand to watch the fifth movie at all, or read the book, but I would absolutely put those up and/or use them. Every day. Very cool box. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plates are so funny. They're small and plastic though, not much for actual use. The biggest is just about 7 inches, and the smallest is just over 3 inches.

      Umbridge drove me nuts too. I *loved* Tom Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets movie though. I keep saying I'm going to binge watch the movies again but I never seem to actually do it. Thinking about the Tom Riddle scenes now has me wanting to!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This looks like an amazing box! Lol those plates are hilarious (and I love the enamel pin, especially since pins are so trendy right now). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing and seeing that, about pins being so trendy right now. I should dig out some of my ancient ones then! Like, from the '80s and '90s! lol

      ~Deb

      Delete